Today's Morning Devotion for Our Spirits

According to BibleGateway.com there are 142 results for the word "abomination" in the King James Version Bible. Apparently the new, political, English word "homosexuality" that has been added to the modern translations of scriptures is not considered to be the only abomination. The Bible is full of good, helpful things, as well as some shit that people simply ignore: 1 Timothy 2:12-14. I believe all Christians pick and choose the Bible verses to believe that work well for them.

I like chapter 23 of Matthew because Jesus talks about hypocrites. I wish today's pastors would preach about that chapter more often, but like the previous example, it just seems to be ignored. I've experienced being ignored many times when speaking the truth. I live by Matthew 5:9. "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." This gives us some leeway in what we do and say, as long as it's for peace.

We need darkness to see the light. I think I heard that from Avatar: The Last Airbender. It made me think. Without the darkness of space, we wouldn't see the stars. This makes me think of balance. I believe my connection to the Universe and the spiritual realm force me into a balance. This is good for creating peace. Sometimes I feel like it would be better to have violent, offensive powers against the enemy, but I'm designed as a spiritual healer, and the peace that arises is greater. You and I are the peacemakers. We're God's children, joint heirs with Lord Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Found My Flag

In God We Trust